- General information
- Financial information
- Regional taxi information
- Add / Update taxi information
All you need to know about Greek Taxis
This page is also available in : Greek
Τhe Secretary for Infrastructure, Transport and Networks Spyros Vougias announced that the taxi fare to and from the airport “Eleftherios Venizelos”, will be fixed and predefined at the amount of EUR 35 for the hours 05.00 to 24.00 (single tariff 1) and 50 euros for hours 00.00 to 05.00 (double tariff 2). The price includes VAT, initial charge, the extra charges for airport pick up drop off and luggage and the tolls cost for using Attica Road.
The routes which are covered by the invoice are:
All routes between Athens international airport “Eleftherios Venizelos” and everywhere within the ring formed by:Alexandras Ave., Zaharov Avenue, Pheidippidou, Michalakopoulou, Spyrou Merkouri, Vryaxidos, Imittou, Ilia Iliou, Ambrisou Frantzi Ave., Syggrou Ave., Hamosternas, Pireos, Iera Odos, Konstantinoupoleos, Ahileos, Karaiskaki Sq., Karolou, Marni, October 28th (Patision).
If the start time and end of the route is earlier or later than 05.00 or 24.00, the price is determined by the time of arrival at destination. The usage of this pricelist will come into effect from February 1, 2011.
Clarification of the Ministry for the new fixed fare to and from airport
Details of the new taxi fare to and from the airport “Eleftherios Venizelos”, gave the Ministry of Infrastructure, Transport and Network, noting first that the decision on the new tariff was taken “in light of the occasional tackle profiteering phenomena, which expose internationally our country.”
Among others, the ministry notes that during the journey meter will operate normally, and only at the end and if it is within the prescribed route, will be paid this amount.
He also points out that for passenger information and notification about the new fixed fare, signs will be available both at the airport, and in each taxi in Greek and English language.
More specifically, the announcement of the new ministry explained that:
* The predefined fare is valid for every destination (or starting point) within the entire ring and includes mileage reimbursement of travel, the initial charge (flag fall), additional airport and luggage charges, tolls for Attica Road, VAT (and per hour charge of EUR 10.85 /hr).
* The decision is based on an international practice:eg Rome Airport (26 km) 40 euro, airport of Moscow (29 km) 45 euro, New York’s airport (24 km) 50 euros. It appears that these figures are larger and even less for miles, as the center of Athens is about 32 kilometers from the airport.
* This fare is set after a thorough investigation of scientific advisers working for the ministry, who often followed those routes, and took into account all the traffic conditions at different times of day (heavy traffic or not).
* During the taxi ride, the meter will run as usual and only at the end and if it is within the prescribed route, the predefined amount will be paid. If the customer desides to change the route, he/she will only pay that appears on the meter.
* For the notifincation of taxi passengers of the new prices for airport transportation, there will be imformative signs, both at the airport “El Venizelos”, and in each taxi (in Greek and English language).